Monday, December 29, 2008

Appointment Today and DiabetesTest

I went to the doctor this morning for my glucose tolerance test and a regular visit with the doctor. I will not get the results of my glucose tolerance test until Wednesday, so unfortunately I don't know yet if I passed. They are doing several other blood tests as well.

My discussion with the doctor was encouraging today. The doctor is hopeful. She feels like Elam is going to carry to term. She's not sure, of course, but that's just her "hunch", she said. That was nice to hear!

I also asked about Elam's development. I had been thinking that because his growth was about 4 weeks behind, all of his development was also 4 weeks behind. But she said it's really only his size that's behind, not the rest of his development. That was also encouraging. I'm glad to know that his eyes will be opening this week or next week!

My next appointment with the doctor is 2 weeks from today. I will also have an ultrasound that week (Jan. 15). Thanks for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's great news! I'm sorry you will have to wait a little longer than you thought to get pregnant again, but especially if you have a c-section your body will need to heal. I am continuing to pray for you and Ben and Elam.
Oh and congrats on passing the glucose test - that stuff tastes terrible doesn't it?