Monday, March 16, 2009

Elam's Burial and Memorial Service

Our little Elam was buried today. I have been having second thoughts about using the cremation and burial service that Baptist Hospital provides. I just wanted something more personal that we could be more involved in to honor our little one. So we decided to make arrangements with a funeral home to have him buried, rather than use the service Baptist provides.

We went to the funeral home on Saturday to discuss the arrangements and Ben and I were able to dress him for his burial. The actual burial was this morning. We arrived early to spend a little more time holding and kissing our little one and so I could place Elam in his casket. Although it was so hard to dress my little baby boy for his burial and place him in his casket, I'm very glad that we chose to do it.


There will be a memorial service to honor our son this Thursday, March 19, at 6:30 pm at our church. Everyone is welcome.

Lighthouse Church
5100 Blue Hole Road
Antioch, TN 37013

No comments: