Sunday, March 1, 2009

In Labor

I am currently in labor! I woke up this morning around 5 or 6 am with contractions. I ignored them for a while, thinking it was just pain caused from something I ate. But they persisted and intensified so we decided to go to the hospital.

Elam is still frank breech. His heartbeat is still ok, but it's dropping temporarily during my contractions, which is not good.

A c-section would be very risky for me. My uterus is so small that they are concerned that it could bleed too much, which would cause them to have to remove it. So we've decided to do a vaginal birth. This poses risks to Elam, so please pray!!!

I am currently dilated 2 cm, almost 3, an I'm 80-90% effaced. My contractions are frequent and intense. I'm going to be getting an epidural pretty soon. Please pray for Elam! We are hoping to be able to spend some time with him.

1 comment:

Aunna said...

Praying for you guys and for Elam! It's exciting to see what God will do!